Kickboxing is a great aerobic form of exercise that will help to strengthen and condition your body. It is a martial arts sport that will help you get fit, be more confident, improve flexibility and provides health benefits as well!
If you ever have been so mad that you could just punch something or have even taken a moment to actually give a pillow or cushion a nice solid hit, then kickboxing may be perfect for you!
6 Reasons To Give Kickboxing A Try
- Stress Relief. Let’s face it, life can be stressful and daily events can cause a whole lot of unneeded anxiety, but don’t fear because those are all things that kickboxing can take care of with ease. It is not just the fact that you can hit something but because of the nature of exercise in general. Kickboxing is an exercise that is a natural way to prompt your brain to create Dopamine, Serotonin, and Endocannabinoids, which are all different chemicals that make you feel good and that your brain produces when you exercise.
- Confidence Builder. Since kickboxing tones your muscles and makes you feel stronger and healthier, there is no doubt that you will become more confident every single time you look in the mirror. As an added bonus, you will have a sense of security knowing that you can defend yourself if needed.
- Improves Flexibility. During a typical class warm up and cool down, you will perform many several stretches for your hips and shoulders. In addition, the movements during the workout itself involve high kicks to the front and side which also increase your range of motion in your hips.
- Aids Cardiovascular Health. Kickboxing is a great form of aerobic and anaerobic training, or simply put, it helps to make your heart and your lungs stronger. Both your heart and your lungs can be strengthened just like other muscles in your body and the more you work them the stronger and more efficient they become. A strong heart is necessary to avoid conditions such as high blood pressure, stroke, heart and arterial disease, heart attacks, high cholesterol, and it will also help lower your resting heart rate too.
- Self Defense. Not all workout plans can boast being a practical way to learn self-defense. Kickboxing is not only great for your mind and body but it is also a martial arts inspired workout that is straightforward and adaptive to real-life situations.
- Improves Focus And Concentration. Since kickboxing is a martial art, it is something that requires a lot of dedication and concentration to master. All of those different movements such as kicks and punches, actually take a lot of time and dedication. Returning regularly for a class will teach you the focus, concentration, and dedication that you need to get through life.
There are a plethora of benefits from kickboxing that you will reap if you give it a try, at least just once. Kickboxing is an amazing martial art as well a great form of exercise in general. It is able to teach you self-defense, increases your confidence, reduces stress, and it works wonders for your cardiovascular health. Take a chance and give it a try!