A big reason that many love cycling is that it allows us to get outside and explore. As we all know, however, the weather can be very unpredictable or there is simply not enough time in the day.
The next best option? A Spin class, of course. Spin class is a perfect place to go to get motivated and get the endorphins flowing.
7 Benefits Of Spin Class
- Adaptable. The beauty of a Spin class is that you can completely customize it to your own needs. The Spin instructor is there to guide you, but you can always modify the workout. This is your workout, you set the pace, push your limits and see the benefits of spin. If you’re not feeling great that day, then you can take it a bit easier. Had a bad day? Take your aggression out in the class. Each person in the class is there to work out to the best of their ability while enjoying the motivational vibes of the class.
- Low Impact. Spinning is a low-impact exercise and a great option for people who are coming back from an injury as your hips, knees, and ankles won’t take a beating. You can still get a great workout without risking injury or high joint impact, leaving you to focus on what really matters in class, working towards your fitness goals.
- Endorphins. That warm, happy and “all is well” feeling that we all enjoy happens to be your body releasing feel-good endorphins into your bloodstream. This is because exercise produces endorphins and interacts with receptors in your brain that trigger positive feelings in your body. The best part of the spin class is that exercise does just that and with those endorphins flowing you will walk out feeling much better than when you walked in! Your body may be physically tired but mentally you’ll be on a high, and that is the feeling you’ll become addicted to.
- Fat Burning. Burning fat takes place when your heart rate is at around 65-75% of your maximum. Measure your heart rate manually or by using a monitor, which can be linked up to a stationary bike in the gym. Often gym bikes also have digital displays that display your heart rate if you place your hands on the sensors
- Good Cardio Workout. Cardiovascular fitness is the capability of the heart, blood cells and lungs to provide oxygenated blood to our muscles so that they produce energy to move our body. Cardio fitness will also lessen your chances of getting Coronary Heart Disease and other cardiovascular health problems. Spin class can be a highly effective and safe way for you to increase your cardiovascular fitness.
- Define Muscles. It doesn’t take long to reap the physical benefits of Spinning and the proof will be in the mirror. One amazing benefit is the added lean muscular definition and is a telling sign of commitment to your new activity. The loss of unwanted body fat combined with the lean muscle will leave you with results that will have you amazed!
- Camaraderie And Support. When you take an indoor cycling class, everyone from the instructor to the other participants is there to encourage and support you. It can be difficult to stay motivated by yourself but when there are other people around you, striving to do their best and make the most out of their workout, it makes you want to keep going and prove you can finish what you started.
Spin classes can improve your overall physical fitness by building strength and cardiovascular endurance. Classes can also help boost your mood and provide you with a healthy, enjoyable activity.
Xtreme Fitness and Cycling provides friendly, personal attention to its members, helping them stay fit, active and healthy. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned athlete, our helpful staff is trained to assist you in effectively reaching your goals. Contact us today!